Day…..?….I already lost count…lol. Seriously though….it has only been less then a week but I can already tell that I will be living this meatless life for years to come. I do not miss chicken or fish at all and because I haven’t absolutely restricted myself and still have the option to participate in meat dishes on occasion, I feel at peace. That flexibility is key when you are transitioning into something new…weather it is drinking more water, exercising or in my case going meatless.
Going meatless has sparked my creativity and I feel better and better with every meal. Morally and ethically, I feel like my removal of meat has saved a couple animals already and for that I consider this transition a WIN!!
- Smoothie (Protein Powder, Kale, Frozen Banana, Cucumber, Parsley, Chia Seeds and Peanut Butter)
- I am seriously obsessed with my breakfast smoothies. They make me feel so detoxed and light after I eat them. Plus, the boost of vitamins and minerals is the right dose of energy for my morning.
- Split Yellow Pea, Lentil and Red Kidney Bean Soup with 2 slices of toast
- Stuffed Pepper (Quinoa, Wild Rice and Peanuts Blend (costco) with sautéed Mushrooms) and a side of broccoli
- I have eaten a lot of stuffed peppers in my day….and I couldn’t tell that this didn’t have any meat. I loved the addition of peanuts to the peppers. It gave a certain crunch to the dish that is absolutely to die for. I will have to start experimenting with the addition of peanuts to my dishes some more.
- Fiber one bar, 2 Caramel Rice cakes with sliced banana and powdered peanut butter, Post Workout Protein “nice cream” and a quest bar