So…my “crispy” empanadas were even a bigger hit then I thought..lol. This morning one of my coworkers told me that she had taken some home for her fiance and that he was in shock over how good they were. I was sooooo flattered. I guess all that matters in the end is that if its made with love and hard work.
The weather was warming up throughout the day so by the time I got off it was sunny, warm and bright!!! I love it when I don’t have to wear my coat.
- Mini bagels with pumpkin butter and a glass of black tea.
- Leftover (cinco de mayo potluck) – taco and empanada with a little bit of salsa
*We decided to try out a local sushi restaurant for dinner. I have been wanting to go there since it opened up last year so I was very excited when we decided upon it for tonights dinner. It was as good as I thought it would be.
We started with salads that we shared.
- Fire Starter = ahi tuna over a bed of lettuce
- This was amazing. The salad was so simple but very good.
- Salmon Avocado = I LOVED THIS ONE!!! There was so much avocados on this salad I couldn’t even handle it. The taste was superb. Absolutely amazing! The soft salmon bits and the soft avocado with the amazing sauce made my mouth scream. I could have just ate 3 plates of this and called it a day BUT there was more!!!
- Miso soup – My entree sushi plate came with a soup so OF COURSE I picked the miso. The waitress couldn’t even finish the list before I finalized on it. I LOVE miso soup and usually settle for making homemade miso from the dehydrated packets so REAL MISO SOUP was definitely a change. It was soooooo goood. You can tell that this was real miso because the seaweed was extra chewy. After I let my boyfriend sample my soup he decided to order a bowl of his own…lol.
- For drinks I ordered the “Plumtini” on the left and my boyfriend ordered the “Emerald Green” on the Right. My Plumtini was amazing. The taste was unbelievable….starting to drink it the sweet plum taste was most prominent but then the “alcohol” kicked in a couple second later. His Emerald Green was also very green. It tasted like Panera’s Honeydew Slushies. It tasted very “green” and refreshing…kind of like drinking a sweet salad (if there was such a thing)…lol.
- My main entree was called the “toro dynasty”. I forgot what exactly was inside but it was UNBELIEVABLE. After the first piece I seriously had to stop and look at what I just ate. It was seriously heaven in my mouth. I made sure to eat it slow so I can taste every bit of the salmon and tuna.
- My boyfriend ordered a salmon and jalapeno roll (left) and a salmon and avocado roll (middle) and they plated my salmon and mango roll (right) on his plate as well. Every single roll was amazing as well. I was hesitant about my salmon and mango after I ordered it but after that first piece went in my mouth, I knew that it was the right choice. The sweetness of the mango was perfect with the salmon. Sigh….there was so much sushi I didn’t even know what to do…lol. I was BEYOND SATISFIED when I finished my sushi. It was by far some of the best and freshest tasting sushi I have had.
- I usually don’t have any dessert at restaurants but since everything else at this place was astonishing, I knew I had to end it right with a dessert. We settled on this mint chocolate brownie. IT WAS MIND BLOWING!!!!!! The chocolate on top was warm and the bits and pieces of mint mixed with the soft brownie was ALL TOO MUCH!!! I knew it had about 2000calories in it but I just couldn’t put it down. It was an wonderful end to a INCREDIBLE meal. Definitely worth the wait and the calories lol.
I was pretty tired after work and after my nap so I didn’t have the strength to have a full workout so I settled on some workout videos. I some cardio yoga, pilates and some additional core work.
*That yoga was TOUGH!!!! I was still extremely tight in my hamstrings still so it was hindering my abilities stretch as far as I used to do. After I while I just stopped the video and took a couple of minutes to stretch deeply independent of the video. After the yoga, the pilates and core videos really worked my abs. I LOVE that sore feeling in my abs!!
So…..after that great dinner…all I can do is get in my sweats and sprawl out on the couch. I am in pure ecstasy after all that sushi and chocolate. I will probably be dreaming of little sushi rolls floating in the air tonight!!! Toodles